Here we list a summary of the work that is planned and on-going. If you would like to know more about any aspect of the Parish Council's work, or a particular project, there is lots of information here on the website, but please do get in touch with the Parish Council office or any Councillor. We shall be pleased to hear from you.
Burscough Parish Council
At April 2016
At April 2016
- Provide Speed Indicator Devices on Burscough roads to encourage safer driving
- Support BISA in its bid to acquire Victoria Park as an asset of community value
- Work towards the development of community bus services to enable improved public transport
- Seek the retention of the interchange and the staffed ticketing office
- Continue to
- Maintain raised flower beds
- Maintain Higgins lane corner
- Clean bus shelters
- Clean roadside signs
- Maintain Mere Avenue play area and grounds
- Provide and maintenance of hanging baskets, planters and floral displays,
- Provision of ad-hoc maintenance and cleaning services: TBA
- Create a path across Higgins Lane garden
- Provide christmas decorations
- Provide and maintain a range of street furniture including seats, litter bins, bus shelters and notice boards
- To develop a business plan to enable a more strategic approach to how the parish council operates in the future, particularly in view of future planned growth.
- To improve and develop the Christmas Decorations in Burscough within existing budget
- To create a garden competition
- To prepare a Neighbourhood Plan for Burscough
- To work with CVS to maximise value of grant funding distributed by Burscough PC
- To install Burscough Boundary signs
- To investigate branding Burscough
- To investigate sponsorship to reduce costs
- Create a tarmac’d pathway across the garden area at corner of Higgins Lane and A59
- Update play equipment at Mere Avenue which is nearing the end of its life
- Seek to provide significant youth facilities such as a skateboard park and youth shelter
- Work with WLBC and residents towards the improvement of the Brick pits site at Mill Dam Lane
- Work to secure improvements to the canal tow path to the east of the A59.
- Work towards and lobby for the provision of a bridge over the canal to link Heathfields to Burscough Village Centre.