A first meeting will be held at Martin Mere on Monday 17th October to discuss what the branding will look like, how we will use it & the benefits for all stakeholders.
This is a new and exciting initiative that will bring benefits for leisure and hospitality businesses in Burscough and will raise the profile of Burscough regionally and nationally. Its not about changing what is good about Burscough, but adding to and complementing what we already have.
If you would like to get involved, whether on behalf of a business, an organisation or as a resident, please contact the Parish Council office at email@example.com or call 01704 894914.
- It was resolved that recommendations of the working group meeting of 21st July 2016 be accepted as follows:
- i. That the ‘Home of the Whooper Swan’ be adopted as the brand for Burscough.
- ii. That a working group of parish councillors, businesses, groups & residents be convened to design the signage, logo etc. to include images of all heritage that Burscough links with.
- iii. Town Twinning
- That informal links be set up to twin with Akureyri in Iceland, and that Priory College lead on behalf of the village initially
- That a phased plan be created for this to expand to other schools/organisations
- It was resolved that the existing Parish Council logo shall remain as at present and would not be affected by the branding.
- It was resolved that the Parish Council support a plan for an art installation depicting whooper swans at Pippin Street roundabout, and that that art installation should make a connection to Burscough.